Company: The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab (CELL)
Location: Denver, CO
Position: Administrative Assistant
About the CELL:
The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab® (CELL®) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan institution dedicated to preventing terrorism through education, empowerment and engagement. Our community training initiatives, speaker series events and award-winning exhibit provide a comprehensive look at the threat of terrorism and how we all play a role in enhancing our nation’s security.
Summary: The Administrative Assistant oversees the day to day operations of the CELL offices, provides a full range of administrative support to executive and senior management, and assists in data collection and entry to support CELL community and education programs.
• Ensures consistent inventory of office supplies, and conducts routine audits of supplies to ensure that office never runs out of key items.
• Provides light maintenance on office technology to ensure consistent functionality. Acts as liaison with outside tech vendors to troubleshoot issues and minimize staff downtime.
• Identifies new office processes and technology to improve efficiency.
• Schedules calendars and travel arrangements with high level of accuracy and efficiency.
• Communicates timely and accurately with Board of Directors and all relevant stakeholders.
• Utilizes Salesforce for a myriad of day to day activities, such as entering registrant lists, updating records, creating new contacts, pulling reports, spot checking data integrity, and other duties as assigned
• Answers and manages incoming calls with the highest level of professionalism and discretion.
• Supports community and education programs by tracking event registrants, preparing/organizing supplies and materials, providing on-site support, as well as other duties.
• Provides a wide range of administrative support, including document preparation, office calendar management, planning meetings, organizing employee related functions (holiday party, staff retreat, ect.), as well as other duties.
Skills and Qualifications
• Two or more years relevant work experience in an office setting
• Experience working within data management system required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Outstanding writing, presentation, communication, & problem solving skills
• Exceptionally detail oriented
• Outstanding ability across Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to effectively interact with various constituencies - high level executives, teachers, law enforcement, & vendors
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Experience working in a fast-paced, professional environment
• Highly motivated, positive, flexible, team player is a must
Hours and Salary
Salary is commensurate with experience. The candidate must be available Monday-Friday and may be required to work some evenings and weekends to support program activities
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Heather Olsen at email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; please submit your cover letter and resume ASAP. Every applicant is carefully reviewed. However, due to the large number of applications received for each position, only candidates whose backgrounds most closely complement the requirements of the position will be contacted directly. All applicants will undergo a background check. The CELL is an equal opportunity employer.